Thursday, May 9, 2013

30 Day Book Challenge - Day 1

Got this from Book Brainer and thought it was a fun idea. It's 30 days of bookish fun where I answer different questions about some of my favorite and not so favorite books. I'll be doing it from May 9-June 8. My goal is to not repeat anything so I'll come up with a new book each day.

Day 01 - Best book you read last year... "Sora's Quest" by T.L. Shreffler


It was hard for me to pin point this because I can't really remember all the books I read the entirety of last year. Then again, if I don't remember it, it probably isn't my favorite then. After searching through my stacks, both virtual and physical, and decided on "Sora's Quest" by T.L. Shreffler. 

This is actually one of the books I reviewed earlier this year (check out the review here) and while I didn't want to list anything I've already done on my blog (see above) I just couldn't help myself. This is just one book that I love and I've read it at least two or three times. One thing you should know about me is that I'm not much of a re-reader. 

"Sora's Quest" is one of the reasons why I started reading more indie authors and why I will never again overlook them again. There are two books in the series right now and a third set to come out in the fall. 

I won't ramble too much about this book since you can always read the review. But I will just say that I hope there is more coming from Shreffler. She's got an amazing potential to write something even more phenomenal. 

The best part is the first book is free for Kindle! You can get it here on Amazon. She also is having a second round book tour for "Sora's Quest" in honor of the re-edited issue. You can check out the schedule on her website.

Up next tomorrow: A book that Ive read more than 3 times. I'll give you a hint: It's pretty magical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment